Once your resume is submitted, you will receive a notification email letting you know it has been received. We appreciate your interested and thank you for your application. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are currently hiring Licensed Trailer Mechanics and Apprentices for the full-time day shift at our Chatham Service Department
Your Key Duties & Responsibilities will be:
- Performs preventative and scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing;
- Electrical systems;
- Landing gear assemblies and trailer frames and bodies;
- Hitching/coupling systems; suspension systems;
- Tires, wheels, hubs and axles; air and auxiliary systems; braking systems
- Conduct annual safety inspections
- Perform general vehicle repairs on electrical and/or mechanical systems
You need to have:
- 310J Trailer Technician Certification or registered apprentice – we are willing to train capable candidate
- Experience in fabrication and welding is an asset
- Good written and oral communication
- Collaborative team player
- Physical ability for lifting, bending, reaching
What we offer:
- Competitive pay package
- Tool & boot allowance and prescription safety glasses program.
- Benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Apprenticeship program to support 310J apprentices through their education
- Experienced long-distance and cross border AZ licensed drivers
- Must have a clean abstract and be able to drive across the border
- Long distance drivers are home weekends and possibly through the week
- New hires will receive benefits, competitive pay, and work with late model equipment
We are dedicated to picking up and delivering new trailers for Transit Trailer.
We offer late model equipment and benefits after 90 days.